Friday, March 25, 2016

#1 I'm a writer... I just need to learn how.

I'm a writer.

I've always been a writer. As a kid I kept journals and wrote poetry. As a teenager I added on a few blogs and also song-writing, not that any of those were much good in my opinion of today--but every piece was an expression of myself and it felt as natural as talking.

As an adult now I shock friends who see my posts on social media or hear a song I've penned and exclaim "You're a writer! You should write a book!"

Except I'm not; not in the way that generates income, anyway.

In order to make money writing you need to be able to write when you don't feel like it.

I don't have much practice doing that.

In fact, when I've tried, it's typically made things even worse--I end up totally stressed and with a piece I can't even recognize as my own.

A major reason my previous blogs have failed is because success paralyzes me with various kinds of writer's block.

Today I decided that while I'm in this process of trying to figure out what to do with my life and identify stable sources of income, I should start here.

Instead of blogging my passion, I'm going to blog my problem. My writing skills need improvement and here's where I can experiment with what works for me without going off topic. Because it is the topic. Genius, right?

Behold, my first official step to writing professionally. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment